The Tequila Den

Combines the world of Tequila with Games.

Tag Archives: testing

Contemplation…

I’ve been away for work so I haven’t been able to hit the ground running on more technical milestones regarding mouse. Currently I’m re-wiring the message dynamics for the game to be a bit more robust and tailored to the game’s needs.

I’m also at the moment debating on the overall design of the menu system. First, however I must decide all the necessary elements that would be needed, for example, saving & exiting the game are a must. The item section in some iteration is a must (whether it’s a cloud of all available items or more structure (consumables, key items, quest). Once the overall direction of the game is decided, the menu can take shape.

In particular, I’m currently working on picking up items and being able to place them in locations, some locations being strict in what it can accept, to the field, where it can be placed freely.

Sorry, no screenies this time around… soon though.

Advertisements

Long day of testing…

screenshot 2015.03.16 20.31.11.0326

It’s been tedious task testing a bunch of different scenarios and as many as I can possibly think of. There’s only so much I can truly go through until I need a separate brain to go ahead and think differently, so, with that in mind, I plan on a March 20 release date, so stay tuned & glued to this blog for your opportunity to claim this as your own.

(edit: I put the same date as the publish date as this post, that of course is incorrect, kind of a scatterbrain, the release is planned for March 20th.)

I’m going to spend the rest of the week polishing and omitting debug/testing, and non-vanilla data that will just inflate the file size (although I think it sits under 1 MB in size).

Just polishing…

I’m not going to bother posting about the longest road since I didn’t get any requests, and frankly, I’m lazy… and I hate it. I’m just more happy with the fact that it works, and it works well.

Right now, I’m testing and cleaning up some animations and deciding what I need to get done before a release. It’s real close. I’m serious this time! I just want to make sure I’m releasing a good stable and clear game that has been tested significantly.

But for now, back to the testing hole I go, look for new updates regarding Mouse in the coming weeks as well as the release of Traders.

Random dispersal.

I finally had a bit of time to get around to fixing a couple of mistakes and errors when dispersing the tiles and numbers. At first thought it appeared to be correct, until I loaded maps of differing sizes. The problem then lied in with incorrect variable use (which really melded down to poor coding in which I like to blame lack of sleep). Any who, it’s all cleaned up and works with any map that can be loaded now.

You’ll notice a small error with the following screenshots. The deserts are not supposed to have numbers assinged to them. This has already been fixed. Please disregard. 
screenshot 2014.12.02 12.28.46.0702
screenshot 2014.12.02 17.41.13.0116

For now, I’m going to leave mapMaker alone and re-focus on getting the game back to the finished state that it was. That means testing. A lot of testing. After it all runs smooth and such again, I’m going to go back to the server portion and give it a bunch of ready-made buttons to alter a bunch of settings, phases, and points and what not. I’m trying to keep up with updates regularly but there are sometimes where I can’t really blog just about ramble.

Actually I can. I have. And I will again.