March 1, 2016
Posted by on
Since my own little pep-talk, I’ve managed to fix up Canasta to the point where it’s mostly playable. Oh my gosh did I have a bunch of redundancies in the code. I found it really pleasing to see how I’ve gotten so much better at scripting, nice to know I’m headed in the right direction. With that said, I have a couple of interesting bugs to track down before the beta release.
To think I’m on the verge of releasing my second game, I’m still a bit shocked I got the first one off the desktop and on the internet. Finishing Traders was the best thing I could have down for myself, just knowing all the steps in finishing a game, it becomes a bit easier to sit down and actually do it.
I’m thinking I probably have about another week or more before Canasta is ready to launch, but at the very most, I’m thinking a late March release. As of now, a few things will be missing from that release, one of the key items missing will be any sort of assistance, since it’s a fine tooled game that is a bit difficult to understand. My goal for the game in the end is to have it much like Traders in the regard that it will be human on human, as opposed to human on cpu. Time will tell of course.
Off to squash the bugs!