March 20, 2015
Posted by on
Holy crap I finished something.
I’m proud to announce that 1.0 of Traders is up for grabs, here.
– unzip the folder to desired location on your computer.
– locate file “config.exe”, run it. I recommend “standard32.dll” as that’s what I’ve developed/tested with.
– open up “engine.exe” and select “Server-Traders”. This is the server portion of the game, only one player needs to run the server. Once the server is ran, it’ll display an Address for the clients to connect to.
– For each player they need to run the “Client-Traders”. Logins are mandatory, however, a new account is simply made by logging in with a unique username and password, it accepts the password as is and creates an account, next time you try to play a new game, the password will have to match to use that id.
– game may not work with anything but Windows XP, I don’t have anything else to test with, so use caution as it may not function correctly.
Rules are not included in with the game as it is a fan game of Catan.
I have not gotten permission to release this game or the creation of this game. This game is not for sale nor is it closed sourced. Enjoy at your own risk.