April 9, 2013
Posted by on
I think I got rid of a little bug. I got ideas of how to completely eradicate it but I would rather not build a bunch of states for each possible move the AI can make, instead I prefer my hierarchy tree instead. I just want to have the computer make the best possible move as opposed to a if it works, it works kind of thing. I’ll see though. I may end up revisiting this in the future to make a more dynamic, more random and unpredictable opponent. But for now, I want that bastard perfect.
Just a little screenshot showing some gameplay. Basically everything currently works. The only real to do is smoothing out some of the animations for the opposing team. As of now, they still use the “right side up” card to blend through the animations, instead I want to switch to the cards that are shifted 90 degrees. The reason being is that when (if) you see the animations they look goofy and out of place (but work!). But before then, I plan on working on the getting the computer to go into their second hand (called the Foot) and eventually go out and end the hand. Lastly after that big task is the continuation of the game, re-shuffling, point scoring and starting all of it over). Although, all that functionality is already done, it just needs to be initialized. I’m getting excited. This project is nearly the completion!